8.06.2011

Crazy Dog

The time has officially come that Crazy Dog is leaving.  He's going to the kennel tomorrow, and the Professor is picking him up next weekend and taking him back to his new apartment.

I have been looking forward to the absence of the stress of Crazy Dog.  But we had our goodbyes tonight, and it was very sad.  He really is crazy, but I love him anyway.  Isn't that always the story?  He is messy and destructive, but he is loving and snuggly.  He cannot control himself, but he means well.  And, even I cannot believe I'm saying this, but I will miss him terribly.

It's one thing to send him to the kennel for the weekend because people are coming and he's too much to handle.   It's another thing entirely to say goodbye.

He is crazy, but he is my puppy.  Something about loving things when they are just tiny babies makes them forever have a special, totally heartbreaking, place in your life.

Our goodbyes were tearful -- at least on my end.  I'm pretty sure he was just thinking of all the ways he might pee and poop in the Professor's new apartment.

3 comments:

Nivedita Bagchi said...

I am sorry. Saying goodbye to a puppy has to be so very difficult. Even dropping Giggs off for daycare for one day makes me feel bad.

Judy said...

I'm sure you will miss him, and that Chase will too!

Mom said...

In my mind's eye, I can see the photo of the huge chunk missing from your bedroom door after crazy dog ate it. Evo is very fortunate to be in this world, anywhere.